11.19.2011

Craft Quickie

Today I learned how much of a procrastinator I can be. At the beginning of the day I told myself "Meagan, you've got the whole afternoon to yourself to create new things and show everyone!" and instead, I watched Boy Meets World and fiddled with my blog. It got to be around 7:00 before I realized I hadn't done anything I planned to do today. 
I started working on a Christmas present idea that I have for a few family members, but I ended up hitting a couple roadblocks. While I'm re-working that plan, I decided to give you a craft quickie! I got this idea from the amazing Jen at 586 Square Feet. She did a post about glitterizing votive holders. I don't have double-sided tape, so I used what I had available, which was my Krylon spray adhesive. I think it worked out pretty nicely. 

Materials: 
glitter, adhesive, votive holder.
From there, it's pretty simple. spray the adhesive on the votive, shake some glitter on it, and let it dry. Here's what mine looks like with red glitter:


After the adhesive dried and the glitter set, I popped in a tea candle and turned off the lights. It looks great! 
What do you think?

Oh, and I almost forgot your Daily Dose....
I have been obsessed with watching this vlogger's youtube videos. He is a German DJ named Flula Borg who posts videos about American customs and phrases he doesn't understand. His rants are nothing short of HILARIOUS. Here's one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment