12.03.2011

Wall Decorations... Easy, Quick, Adorable!

After the rotten week that I've had, I'm having a Meagan day. I have some projects to work on tonight for a tutorial tomorrow... they include a wood-burning project for Shane's mom, a tie-dye project (without typical tie-dye materials), and the Christmas presents that I'm making for my nieces. Yay! Last night while I was waiting for Shane to get home from work, I made some of these cute hearts on a string. This hardly needs a tutorial, but I'm camera-happy so you're getting one anyway.


Started out with this great scrapbook paper that Shane's mom gifted to me: 

"Old World Stack" by DCWV.
I would assume the cost is between $5-$10.
From there, I cut out about 3  4" x 4" squares from each sheet. After cutting the squares, I gently folded them in half (not so firmly that it leaves a big crease) and used my Kingergarten training to cut out halves of hearts on the folds. Unfold them so they are the whole hearts, duh. 



After that, I used a hole punch to, well, punch holes. 


After the holes were punched, I used some hemp that I had on hand to string them on. I tied bows at each end so the hearts wouldn't fall off the end of the string... (also because bows are cute). Then I used plain old scotch tape on the back of the hearts so that they stayed in place.


I think they look pretty damn cute. 


To go with it, I mounted some of this cutesy scrapbook paper that I really love onto a canvas, which took all of about 20 seconds. I just used rubber cement. I plan on sealing it, just haven't gotten around to it. Plus, I have to do that outdoors and IT IS COLD in Northern Illinois! Yikes. 
Anyway, this is what it looks like. I think the colors and design go nicely with the hearts.



In other news, I finally received my Sephora gift from Shane in the mail earlier this week. I am MORE than satisfied! Sephora knows how to take care of their customers. When we placed the order online, I was offered 3 free samples for gifts, and I chose two perfume samples (Kate Walsh "Boyfriend", and  "Fan Di FENDI") and a hair mask (Bumble & Bumble Creme de Coco Masque). I haven't used the masque yet, but both of the perfumes are great, and the samples were bigger than I expected. 
Since we ordered it close to my birthday, when we were "checking out" I was offered a free birthday gift, which I chose to be a Philosophy brand Shampoo/Shower Gel/Bubble Bath that smells exactly like vanilla birthday cake. Yum! 
Here's what the makeup set looks like... I was pleasantly surprised that the products in the set were much bigger than what I thought they would be. The stock photo really didn't do them justice. Especially the Daisy rollerball (which I will blog about later). 


Woo Hoo! Well, I'm off to watch Veronica Mars and do some crafting. Tutorials tomorrow! 
 :)

2 comments:

  1. The heart chain is adorable! It's so simple, I'm tempted to try this with the kids/teens I work with. I'm also incredibly jealous of your new makeup. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, it's super simple and takes hardly any time. Looks great above a shelf and is a great idea for parties too. You could change the shapes to be anything you want! :)
    The make-up is awesome! If you have $75 to spare and are in the market for some, I would recommend it. I'll be reviewing a few of the products in the kit soon, so stay tuned! And thank you for reading!
    :)

    ReplyDelete