10.30.2013

Parmesan Herb Wonton Crackers

Yesterday I made what is now my favorite snack on earth. Wonton crackers! There are SO SO SO SO SO many things you can do with wonton wrappers, I could go on for days. I make jalapeno poppers with them, pizza rolls... you name it. You can pretty much put anything in one of those puppies and bake or fry it up and it's going to be amazing. That being said, it had never even crossed my mind to make crackers with them! I saw a recipe on Pinterest the other day and thought I'd change it up to fit my taste and try it out! Not only did I love them, so did everyone else. I made 4 batches yesterday and they were almost gone by the end of the night! They taste INCREDIBLE, and are so quick and easy to make! 

So, here's how you do it...

Parmesan Herb Wonton Crackers




Ingredients:
(Of course you can change up these seasonings to fit your preferences, but I have to say that this combination was amazing, and these crackers would go great with chili.)
  • wonton wrappers
  • olive oil 
  • salt and pepper
  • oregano
  • parmesan (grated fresh off the block would be ideal, i just went the lazy route and used the canned stuff.)
  • garlic powder




Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Begin by cutting your wonton squares in half to make rectangles. I just took several at a time and cut them with kitchen scissors. Nice and easy. 
Lay wonton rectangles in a single layer on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil.

Now,  gather your seasonings together.... 
Sprinkle salt and pepper over wontons, then seasonings of your choice. I used oregano, garlic powder and parmesan. Can't go wrong with that combo! 




Stick them in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them in the last few minutes, because they brown up pretty quickly in that time. I like mine to be lightly browned, but some like for them to be a bit darker. I believe each batch of mine went in for about 7-8 mins.

Pull out of oven and let cool for a few minutes. Now you have some incredibly tasty homemade crackers to enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment