10.25.2013

Quick and Easy Broiled Marinated Salmon

I will start this off by saying I am NOT a fish girl. I am very very picky about how my fish is prepared and what type of fish I will eat. Basically, it's either going to be in a sushi roll or fried. Real healthy, right?
That being said, I have been doing dinner almost every night lately, which means there have been a serious lack of fish based meals. I decided to finally man up and try my hand and making fish for the first time ever! It turned out delicious, and I wanted to spread the word so that fish haters can give this a shot and see if it changes your mind! (Plus, it was super quick and simple, so anyone can make it.)

Quick and Easy Broiled Marinated Salmon


Ingredients:
  • 1 large thawed salmon fillet, cut into 6-8 pieces
  • 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 2 medium or 1 large clove of garlic, minced or pressed

Begin by putting your salmon in a glass dish


Mix all other ingredients together in a medium sized bowl with a small whisk or fork


This mixture will be somewhat thick in consistency and look more like a glaze, so don't worry if that's how yours turns out! Cover the salmon like so:


Now stick in the fridge for at least 30 mins, up to several hours. I marinated mine for about 2 hours.

When you're ready to cook it, set your oven to broil, move salmon to a covered cookie sheet (with raised edges! This marinade will run when heated!) 
Pour the excess marinade over the top of the salmon and broil for at least 5 minutes. 
After the 5 minutes, check it after each additional minute until it flakes easily with a fork.
That's all! Now sit and enjoy your delicious dinner. 
Here's what ours looked like: 



No comments:

Post a Comment