11.21.2013

Birchbox November 2013

Hi all! It's time for another Birchbox reveal! I received November's box a couple weeks ago, so my apologies for the lateness of the post!
Here's what I received this month!


yayyyy fresh birchbox!


Alright, first up is the WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask (Full Size price: $42)
I will start off by saying I love masks, but this one didn't really do it for me. The part I love most about masks is when you take it off and your skin feels tight, clean, refreshed and healthy. While this mud mask did make my skin feel nice, it didn't quite give me exactly what I was looking for. I will say, however, that this is the first soft mud mask I've ever done, so maybe that is why. It's just not what I'm used to. They also didn't provide a brush, and they recommend you use a brush to paint it on. Well, I would have just used a foundation brush, but I do not have one anymore (need to pick up a newbie) and I'm not about to use my acrylic paint brushes, so I used my fingers. So it could be that was the reason for not getting the full effect? I don't know. I'm done making excuses for the damn thing though. It's ALRIGHT. That's all I'm going to say on it.






Next up are the Mighty Leaf tea pouches (Full Size: $9.95)
I am a coffee girl, and rarely ever drink tea, however Shane does, so I have given these to him to try and will report back once he does! The flavors do sound delicious, though, and I'm glad they included three different types of tea.





Next is the Joie Folle de Joie eau de parfum (Full Size: $98)
I LOVE this scent. It is exactly the type of perfume I would pick out on my own. The aroma is a mixture of mandarin, rose, and sandalwood, which I love. Sandalwood and rose are two of my favorite fragrances out there, so I'm glad they're both incorporated in this perfume. Lovely sample, very happy with it!!


I am super excited about this Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil (Full Size: $18)
I have been wanting to experiment with some light highlighting and contouring lately, so I was ecstatic when I received this in the November BBox. It's a nice, smooth chunky pencil, and I have tried it a couple times, adding some subtle highlight to my nose and brows, and I could definitely see a difference. I am going to do some more experimenting with this, and hopefully get some photos along the way!



Next up is the WEI Pomegranate Buffing Beads (Full Size: $20)
These things are so weird to me, and I'm not quite sure what I should do with them. They are buffing beads that are meant to add into your regular face cleanser to turn it into a scrub to brighten and declog skin. The problem I have with this is... my face cleanser already has those beads in it for exfoliating, so why would I add more? I certainly don't want to buy another brand of face cleanser just to get two uses out of it with these packets, so I don't really know how to review these. They're weird, that's all I can say.



And last, but not least, I've got the BeeKind Body Lotion (Full size: $15)
This honey & chamomile-based lotion isn't amazing by any means, but there's nothing wrong with it either. It's pretty much just like any other lotion I've got lying around. It does smell nice, and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy. I will definitely keep using it, it's always nice to have a little purse sized lotion to take with you. :)

Well, that's it for this month! Adios, Makeup addicts!

No comments:

Post a Comment